- Make sure the rug is completely finished and the glue is dry.
- Clean the rug thoroughly. Before shipping the rug, make sure it is free of any dirt or debris. This will prevent any damage to the rug during transport and ensure it arrives at its destination in good condition.
- Measure the rug and determine the best packaging method. You will need to choose a box or packaging material that is large enough to accommodate the rug and provide enough padding to protect it during shipping.
- Wrap the rug in a protective material. Use a clean, soft cloth or bubble wrap to wrap the rug. This will help prevent any damage to the rug during transport and will also keep it clean. You can also choose to roll up the rug, depending on the size.
- Place the wrapped rug in a sturdy box. The box should be large enough to accommodate the rug and provide enough padding to protect it during shipping. Make sure the box is sealed securely and labeled with the appropriate shipping information.
- Choose a reliable shipping company. It is important to choose a reputable shipping company that has experience in handling and transporting hand tufted rugs. This will ensure that your rug arrives at its destination safely and on time.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your hand tufted rug arrives at its destination in good condition. It is also important to keep in mind that the cost of shipping a rug can vary depending on the size and weight of the rug, as well as the distance it needs to be shipped. Be sure to factor in these costs when planning to ship a hand tufted rug that you have made yourself.